Will Apple Know?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by iPoTH4CK3R, Jun 14, 2008.

1. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok so We've all heard it a thousand times theres side "A": NO! If you simply restore to factory settings there's NO WAY apple can know you jailbroke it. And side "B": Even if you restore it, your iPhone or Touch will still save MAJOR software changes in its log files no matter what, and apple will read these. or They have WAYS of finding out you did it. So I'm here to settle it once and for all! IS THERE ANYONE, LIKE AN IPHONE/TOUCH EXPERT, THAT KNOWS FOR A 100% FACT WHAT WILL HAPPEN?!?! Like have anyof you had problems with jailbreaking, restored, tried to take to apple and they said, "We see you made personal some changes, you naughty Bill Gates loving hacker!" or something like that and said your warranty is void? So, the basic question is, Is there ANY possible way that apple can know you jailbroke it, i.e. log files etc. and if so how can you "fix" these log files so they can't know? LET'S FINALLY GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!!
    HAPPY JAILBREAKING!,
    iPoT H4CK3R
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    if you restore it restores to factory settings and there is no way to tell if you jailbroke it.

100% sure
  3. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have taken my ipod touch into the apple store twice. the first time, i didn't even restore it. all i did was hide the 3rd party apps and remove my theme. i even had the Dock sunburst in the corner. they seriously don't care, even if they could tell, which was pretty obvious, since my ipod touch said t-Mobile on the corner.
  4. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that Apple can tell. It's like blowing it up with dynamite... There's no possible way anyone could tell it was an iPod.

It deletes EVERYTHING and replaces EVERYTHING with the orginal iPod files. But, uh oh, what about when 1.2/2.0 comes out? Your gonna need the ipsw.
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's actually not true.
    For example, if you jailbroke with Ziphone, there are still some leftover scripts from Zibri. They may not be obvious, but they are there.

Also, there have been some cases of pieces of certain apps still being there after a restoration, I don't know if that is something that happens all the time, though.

In the end though, Apple would not know unless they did some serious investigation, which they do not do.
  6. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But sometimes you get those pissy crybabys that mark down your serial number and permanently let EVERY employee know your touch is void. Gotta watch out for hose litte ******s.
  7. thinkpad

thinkpad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Trust me - I know my stuff! They will never know.
  8. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is there anyway to do away with these scripts?
  9. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't know much about them, I have just heard from several sources, or "experts". Don't quote me on it.

Trust me on this though: After a restoration, you are pretty much guaranteed to be safe.
  10. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Believe me I'm not worried about it, if i ever effed it up THAT BAD. I would probably just eff it up more and try to fix it, i hate working with apple customer support their all assholes. Especially them damn indians on the phone who know FAR less about the touch than i do. For example (me on the phone with apple support):
    ME: "Ya, so it wouldn't restore so I put it into DFU mode and tried it."
    Some Indian Guy: "..."
    ME: "So ya, but DFU mode didn't work either what should I do?"
    Some Indian Guy: "Ok, have you tried restarting your iPod? To do this just hold down the power button until it shuts off then turn it back on."

Thanks, because I seriously didn't know how to power it off....jackass.