Will 3GS be the next release?

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by ssng23, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ssng23

ssng23 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Will the 3GS be released before the ipod touch 2g? If you look at the iDroid website status page they already have the CPU working. So does that mean it will be released sooner?
  2. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No one knows. We haven't heard anything from any devs really in the last month or so.

Feel free to correct me if anyone knows more.
  3. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Geohot announced that he has a bootrom exploit for new devices. He should release it after he manages to jailbreak the iPhone 4, I'm guessing tomorrow or on the 25th(iPhone 4 may use the same bootrom as iPad/3GS, so the exploit works on it). Once that is out, I hope planetbeing will make an openiboot for it, after that android is easy.
  4. ssng23

ssng23 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So is OpeniBoot the hardest thing to do or is just because there isn't and exploit yet?
  5. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    OpeniBoot is easy to port if you have the actuall exploit. We just wait for the exploit release.

But I think Geohot has given the exploit to PlanetBeing so he can relese a new OpeniBoot when the exploit is released

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The exploit is very hard to find. OpeniBoot is also hard because you need to make drivers that work with it. OpeniBoot should be easier if planetbeing or many people cooperate in doing it.