Wikipedia says the new ipods released today were only updated 2G models...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ilikeguitar90, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

I checked earlier today on wikipedia and the ipods released today were initially considered 3G models, but I just checked again and now the new 32 and 64GB models are considered 2G according to wikipedia. It claims apple only updated the 2G by adding a 64GB and stopping production of the 16GB, instead of adding a 3G model. It also says the 2G's lifespan is from September 2008-present, which indicates that the new ipod touch is considered to be 2G.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipod_touch

Now I know this is wikipedia, so anyone can change the info on there if they want. The source I'm mentioning isn't reliable at all, but I'm just wondering if someone updated wikipedia because he was angry at the lack of camera, or if some source actually revealed that the ipods released today were in fact, not 3G.

What do you guys think?
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You do know that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone right?
  3. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

And I quote: "Now I know this is wikipedia, so anyone can change the info on there if they want"

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's not so much the info on wikipedia I'm analyzing, it's if some source said the new ipods were in fact 2G and we missed it or something.