Wii classic controller for games?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Revilo62, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Revilo62

Revilo62 Banned

Ok well I just got the NES emulator that supports a Wii remote, I think I read some where that the person who made that is going to work on PS3 controller next. But I'm wondering how he's planning on doing that when PS3 can't even be connected to the computer by bluetooth yet. So why not just add support for the classic controller? it's the same amount of buttons and it seams like it would be easyer to code for than the PS3. Or am I mistaken? Would it be harder for some reason? So if it's possible someone should be working on that, unless someone already is and I just didn't find it on google....
  2. Revilo62

Revilo62 Banned

No one have an answer for me?
  3. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No idea. Maybe they are finding a way to make that work. Remember the PS3 controller has the same controller thing as the wii (I am talking about when u push any button on the wii it lights up and goes to player 1,2,3, or 4, and for the PS3 controller u push the PS3 button and it does the same thing.) NO idea though. You are going to have to wait to see if they do anything for the PS3 Controller.
    Hope this helps..
  4. Revilo62

Revilo62 Banned

But I don't think you can really put the PS3 in pairing mode so wii would be Easter since pairing mode is just 1 and 2 at the same time....
  5. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    u can put it in pairing mode through usb i think, or you could just get the BT mac address
  6. Revilo62

Revilo62 Banned

Yeah USB is kind of pairing mode, but the thing is ipod doesn't have a USB port.... So unless a adapter is made that wont work....
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

People are retarded. THINK!!!

You could put the PS3 controller into pairing mode easily with a computer, which is do-able.

You CAN connect a PS3 controller to a PC via bluetooth.

To connect it to an iPhone, one would just need to put the PS3 controller in sync mode using a PC, then connect it to the iPhone.

As long as the iPhone had some way to store the controller Mac Address, each time you connected after, you wouldn't need a PC, you'd just need to press the PS button.
    GloWyrm likes this.
  8. Revilo62

Revilo62 Banned

Next time use google, you can't connect a ps3 controller to a computer by blue tooth Sony won't allow it so they put to much security stuff on it, only using it by USB works ATM.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok my bad I did a little more research and did find a way but it's kind of complicated and still the creator would need to find out how to port all the drivers, that seams more difficult than using the driver for the Wiimote and just adding support for the classic controller....
  9. GloWyrm

GloWyrm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Regardless of how hard it would be, it would be worth it. Besides, PS3 controllers charge through USB, so you could use an iDevice charger to charge them without buying batteries or a dock charger like you do with Wii. Using psx4all would be easier with a PS3 controller than a Wiimote of any kind since you can't remap controls (not understanding why it lacks the ability to do this anyways). Where there is a will there is a way and screw Sony. It isn't up to them what I do with a controller that I pay for, just like Apple cannot tell me I can't jailbreak my phone or tablet. The more they try to prevent me from doing something, I just work that much harder to prove that I can- just like back in the good old days when I hacked my first PSP: the only way to make a Pandora Battery then was to either make one with an already hacked PSP, or cut the pin to hardmod the battery into a tool battery. I was the one that came up with the idea to just cut the cut the track that is connected to the pin (apparently that concept was rocket science to the PSP dev world) and Goku stole my idea after I posted it and created his guide and took all credit.
    If the issues with iDevices I have that keep being neglected by the Dream Team are not fixed by the time I get another laptop (soon), I will be handling these issues myself.

So, if there are no breakthroughs with easy PS3 remote connectivity with iDevices by then, I will do it myself and provide easy guides on how to do so.
  10. GloWyrm

GloWyrm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You may be right. Similar concept to what I did with cutting the track to make Pandora Batteries before you could do it with software alone. And that is what I thought, people ARE retarded! You're on the right track. If I pull this off before someone else does, I will give you some credit unless I can't find you- this is my SN across the board, so if you come across my work in the future with this, hit me up.