WiFi Won't Work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Danls92, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys, I just got my Touch today, and I love it, but I'm having a problem.

When I first got my Touch, and took it out of the box, it worked fine with my network (I have a Linksys MIMO router). I could load webpages quickly, and the music store worked fine. I then jailbroke it, and once again everything went well until I downloaded Services. Despite the fact the Wi-Fi was on, I couldn't connect to any websites. I uninstalled it, and it still wouldn't work. I then restored my Touch, and once again it would not work.

I am getting three bars, but the Touch insists that it can't find the server. I tried on my neighbor's wifi also, and it wouldn't work.

Any ideas?
  2. xboxipodhacker

xboxipodhacker New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

From your ipod touch goto wifi and tap the blue circle beside your network scrool down and tap renew lease and the internet will start to work again if it still wont work then restart the ipod touch.

Alt... connect your ipod to itunes go to the summary page and restore.

3. Lance

Lance New Member

What if it won't even connect to your network even with the password. When I try to log into my network it just says unable to Join Network. Any thoughts on how to fix this.
  4. zatchzeno

zatchzeno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just kept rebooting mine until i got a signal.
  5. sitsitsit

sitsitsit New Member

I experienced the same problem before and it was a DNS related problem. Before the problem occured, I was able to connect to that same router and get a functional internet connection. I don't know what changed to cause that problem. Try manually inputting the DNS servers (I used OpenDNS's IPs 208.67.222.222).
  6. VanBadga

VanBadga New Member

maybe reboot your ipod touch, that might help. other than that i have no idea

sorry.