Wifi Wont work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ceapy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ceapy

ceapy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone , I just soaked my ipod touch in water by accident and the screen turned white and wont turn on. So I put it in the dryer for a hour and now the screen pops up.
    But now , I can't ocnnect to wifi. I go to the wifi thru the settings and the part beside the "Choose a Network..." just shows that line with circles going around it like it's searching for one but it's broken. Please help. Thanks.
  2. HLR Element

HLR Element Banned

lol... are you surprised? i think you're lucky you got that much working... let it sit for a bit longer... my phone got soaked this summer at warped tour cause while we were listening to forever the sickest kids it opened up hell and it was as if we were standing under a freaking hose... my phone was in my pocket but it still got real wet and there was water in the screen... same for everyone else's phone and cameras... about 3 days later they all worked again... give it time =) long story for a real short point lol... btw, i'm guessing you have a rack in your dryer? i first saw a ipod touch falling and falling in the dryer lol....
  3. ceapy

ceapy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol , no i put it in my snowpants with the velcro pockets n put it in there. But my wifi worked before , then I reset my ipod a couple of times and now wifi won't work. Do you know why , could a piece of the ipod touch break off which caused the wifi not to work? and is Invisible ZAGG shield water proof >.>
  4. Caziban

Caziban Guest

You might have been the luckiest person I have ever known. Well, second.
    Usually water damage is fatal and unrecoverable, but by simply putting it in the drier it became functional again? A true marvel.

My 2g was damaged with three water droplets on the Touch Screen. I simply wiped it off with my sleeve and somehow the water soaked in through the screen and disabled it permanently. I am extremely unfortunate. I only had that 2g for less than three days.

Take your iPod and put it in a bag of rice and let it sit there for a couple days. That should suck out any possible water still in there and perhaps fix your WiFi.
  5. ceapy

ceapy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol yeah , my mom washed my ipod nano and dryed it and it worked so I thought this would work. Anyways thanks for the tip. I'll try it when i get home. But how will the water go into the rice when its in the ipod?
  6. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dry it and leave it for a while, still not working, Take it back to apple.
  7. JAD

JAD New Member

Rice is really good at sucking out water. We put some grains in our salt shaker to keep the salt from getting sticky from moisture and clogging the holes. Works really well.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. ceapy

ceapy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright , thanks imma try this. I just got back on my touch n now my wifi works. I'll use the rice to get all the water out.
    Lol its weird but the water looks kinda sick

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also , I notice that none of my downloaded apps work. I click on them and it starts up but goes back to the homepage. And also some of my music won't play.
  9. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    awww. that was sad.
    just wait a couple more days.. im sure it will be functional again
  10. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You should never attempt to turn it on while it's still wet.

Put it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours to ensure it is completely dried out.

Since the iPod itself is actually working, you most likely can take it back and get it replaced.
    But you first have to cover the visual indicator that your device has undergone water damage.

Inside the headphone jack is a piece of litmus paper which changes to red when wet. You will need to use bleach or something to hide this, otherwise your warranty is void. Some people use white-out to cover it up.