WiFi won't work after MyWi install?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smashbr0s, Jun 12, 2010.

1. smashbr0s

smashbr0s New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Hi, about Tuesday (6/8) my friend introduced me to MyWi as he asked me to test to see if I could connect and I was able to connect. So the day, I installed MyWi Cracked [REMOVED] for myself on my iPhone 3G.

My other friend came over that day and I tested to see if it would work with his MyTouch 3G, and for some reason it didn't, even with the reboot after I used the AutoFix Tethering option.

After trying to enabled a WEP password and changing the channel, it still wouldn't work. Since MyWi was useless to me, I decided to uninstall it.

I continued to use my iPhone normally for a couple of hours when suddenly, my phone switched to 3G for no apparent reason and when I went to Settings > WiFi, my network wasn't even listed. When I tried to re-enter my WiFi settings (my connection is hidden, so I have to go to Other and enter manually the SSID, encryption and password), it would say "Unable to join the network".

I tried numerous times over and over that night but it would repeat the same message. I continued to try Thursday, Friday and today. I also reinstalled and removed MyWi 2 times. I even completely restored my iPhone about 1-2 hours ago and it STILL WON'T CONNECT!

And it's not a router problem because 3 laptops, my dad's iPhone 3G, my Wii and PS3 are connected through WiFi.

What I have tried:
    -Rebooting
    -Respringing
    -Restoring
    -Reinstalling AND removing MyWi

Please help me, I am really desperate. Thank you, any suggestions are appreciated.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe it's a way for your iPhone telling you not to pirate apps?

Try checking if data roaming is turned on and your APN settings.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Note that anything that fiddles with WiFi or has to install drivers can cause issues. I suggest buying the app, since that at least guarantees support if something goes wrong... and that the RIGHT installer is running and copying necessary files.

Oh, and we don't allow piracy here.
  4. smashbr0s

smashbr0s New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Actually this is my first time getting anything pirated, but I was skeptic on the idea my dad would buy an app/mod that's not Apple. After this, I'm going to buy Cydia apps.

Where are the APN settings?

Edit: I don't have APN settings as my iPhone is AT&T and it's still not jailbroken yet because I restored it to 3.1.3 (it was jailbroken and on 3.1.2 before). How can I get them? Sorry, I'm a real noob.

Edit 2: Wow, I feel like an idiot. I just restarted my router as I did pretty much everything else, and it works now. Now I'm just wondering why only my iPhone didn't connect but every other device could.