wifi used to work, doesnt now

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rocknrollrob, Oct 6, 2008.

1. rocknrollrob

rocknrollrob New Member

Hi all,

I have a 2g 32gb, and was a bit worried when I bought it as I had heard a lot about the wifi not always working. However, when I got it to my house it did work great, the only problem being that if i ever turned my wifi off via settings. When I turn it back on I had to forget my network, try and connect and re-enter the password to connect. This wasnt too much off a problem though.

The problem is that suddenly today it stopped connecting whatsoever. I think it may be because I upgraded itunes (8.0 -> 8.1 i think), as that is the only thing that has changed.

Anyone got any ideas?

PS i think the wireless router is a BT homehub something or other]

Thanks,

Rob
  2. trax95008

trax95008 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im having the same connection issue with mine. and updating your itunes does NOT change ANYTHING on the ipod. only a firmware update to the ipod itself will make any changes.
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Restore your iPod or just turn wifi off and on a few times and that usually fixed the problem
  4. Dpatrick

Dpatrick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Or restart it..

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. fischtoeter

fischtoeter New Member

Hi all,
    I have the same problem.

It took days till I figured out that the problem is definately the iPod and not something else.

I gave it to Gravis in Germany to carry out a repair - before I read this thread.

Honestly I am really disappointed. Knowing that you always have to wait a long time buying new Microsoft Windows things I always trusted Aplle to handle this differently.

Well, I am mistaken. My old ipod touch I just auctioned at ebay. I shouldnt have done this.

http://static-cache.ifans.com/images2/icons/icon8.gif

And turing the iPod on and off and "hope" that its working or the other workarounds are not acceptable.
    This is not some japanese or chinese crap (cheap article) - this is ****** expensive hardware and so I simply ecpect it to work / having it testetd properly before selling it.

http://static-cache.ifans.com/images2/icons/icon4.gif

regards
    Thomas