Wifi - Usage!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by uncle steve, Jan 16, 2008.

1. uncle steve

uncle steve Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Does anyone know if during sleep mode, with WIFI on, can the iPot send and recieve data???

Cause my internet usage has been really high latley and ive been trying to figure out why!
  2. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If your ipod has energy saving function disabled with Johntool and you are running a web application like Appolo then it would recieve data for sure. You question is somewhat unclear though
  3. uncle steve

uncle steve Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    um mm i guess what im trying to say is...

If i use Safari and leave it on, and then put my ipot on sleep mode, leave it overnight, will it be sending and receiving data???
  4. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Only if you have ghosts who like to surf at night when you sleep (or email accounts on the ipod with checking enabled)

But no matter what trickle of data the ipod might (not likely) use, it would hardly be enough to notice.

Still, for your battery's sake, you should turn off wifi when you sleep it.
  5. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have another question regarding WiFi usage while sleeping. Normally, if WiFi is on when you put it to sleep, WiFi turns off automatically after about 30 seconds of inactivity.

But, if Mail is set to check at a certain interval, will WiFi stay on constantly? Or will WiFi turn on briefly to check for mail, and then turn back off after 30 seconds of inactivity?