Wifi sniffer app that can connect?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jas1137, May 15, 2009.

1. jas1137

jas1137 New Member

I'm looking for an app that searches wifi's even hidden ones, if i have spoofed, that can also connect to them.
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No such thing is available.
  3. jas1137

jas1137 New Member

I'm pretty sure there is, i know for a fact that there is wifi sniffers and there was one that let you connect to one, but apple took that app off.
  4. RawrFull

RawrFull Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    What do you guys mean by wifi sniffers ?
  5. jas1137

jas1137 New Member

it will search for wifi's near you, just like the built in one in settings, but i want one with more options because the one in settings doesnt let you connect to hidden networks or WLAN
  6. jrr811

jrr811 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    closest thing ive seen is wifinder. works good for me, but i doesnt allow you to sniff the SSID's of hidden ap's. it will, however, show you that they are available.
  7. jas1137

jas1137 New Member

Got a link to wifinder? Seems to be taken off.
  8. jrr811

jrr811 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its an appstore app. but it was the first app i ever bought, and the one i use the most. it picks up wifi signals that the settings scan doesnt.

*I also like to use stumbler (found in cydia and installer) to find out the brand of routers that are hidden. many people/businesses do not change the default SSID, they merely hide it. By finding a strong hidden network, and discovering that it is a linksys-cisco router, you can try their default SSID, and possibly pick up the hidden signal.
  9. BHollis13

BHollis13 New Member

Iphone wifi sniffers

The closest thing to a wifi sniffer is either aircrack or the multiple package of iwep pro in my opinion. Honestly I wouldnt try either because as of right now aircrack isn't even a sniffer it just recognizes the wifi network and saves wep's after a use and log in to that network. When iwep pro supposedly works as a great sniffer but honestly I can't seem to figure out the package that you have to have to crack. I have looked everywhere for a sniffer but yet to find one.
  10. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agree with guy above, I once used iWep to mess around and see if any wifi networks around were vulnerable. I found like 5 networks that didn't appear on any other device I had. It freaked me out and I had to re-convince myself skynet is not built for another few years.