WiFi signal much weaker with 3.0 on touch 2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by tsinvest, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tsinvest

tsinvest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My Wifi signal is much weaker with 3 software in places that always came in well under v2.21. This is disappointing and I already reverted back to 2.21. I also didn't like the search function being the 1st icon to the left because I usually scroll all the way to the left to get back to the 1st page of apps - now I am always getting the search screen. Also it seems that auto backup takes forever now with 3 - I seem to think 2.21 was faster in this regard. Nevertheless I think I will wait until they fix these problems. Anyone else feel this way?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No, I don't share your views, but at least you made the decision to downgrade and actually did it, instead of whining about it from now until the next update.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Ravenatic

Ravenatic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I see nothing different with the WiFi Signal
    I do however see that the icon is more sensitive. It never used to be dependant on singal strength to me.. used to always show 3... now its seeming pretty correct.

Ive also tested with my laptop and it gets the signal where and how my laptop does... if my laptop goes out, so does my ipod... Infact sometimes my laptop drops first.

The spotlight one is simple, get used to it. Stop being such an arse its such a simple thing to not do.
    I do it too, youve just gotta learn not to.

Backups depend on what you have on your ipod and how much space is used.

Overall, I think you are completely being a bit insane about it.
  4. alex_moov001

alex_moov001 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well depends of what way are you referring? I also noticed that the Wi-Fi signal is weaker compared to the 2.2.1 but I don't have anything against the search page mate :d. you don't have to scroll your way to the first page, just press the home button once, this way it's faster. While being on the first page you can press the home button to go to the search page and then again to go back to the first page

. So, except for the Wi-Fi signal which is an annoying problem I can't see any other problems. Sorry for writing so much

5. rightsure

rightsure New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nobody

you're welcome.
  6. tsinvest

tsinvest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, You guys have made me decide to give it another try. Crazy as it is, I am reinstalling 3.0 now and will try it a little longer. I was thinking maybe the WiFi still works as well as it did, but just the signal indicator has changed. In other words even with the weak signal icon I was still on the internet and connecting, so maybe just the icon is showing less bars in 3 with the same signal strength that 2.21 got while showing 3 bars. Know what I mean?
  7. alex_moov001

alex_moov001 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    not in the slightest! but hey, as long as you will give it another try everything is just fine!

8. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I believe the WiFi signal has been slightly changed in terms of accuracy.
  9. FelixSpeller

FelixSpeller New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The signal bars never used to change for me on 2.2.1, always showed full signal, but they change now. They are just more accurate, and I can see what you mean about it seeming the internet is slower because you can see the bars change more often.
  10. hahkl33t

hahkl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im not sure if the wifi has become weaker but the iPod Touch's catcher has become more accurate. Before I would have a full signal, now its only half way. I get the same speed, even faster.