WiFi Signal lost after few minutes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SilverHaze44, Dec 9, 2007.

1. SilverHaze44

SilverHaze44 New Member

So Ive been tryin to get the wifi to work on my ipod touch for weeks now and nobody seems to know whats goin on. I will have a wifi connection with 3 bars and then when I go to watch a video or stream some music the signal will slowly die by going to 2 bars then 1 bar and finally not working at all. Anyone else had this same problem?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Same exact thing happened to me...

Turned out that my Router was giving off a mixed signal instead of just a Wireless-G signal.

What kinda router you have? (Please say Linksys!)
  3. SilverHaze44

SilverHaze44 New Member

Yea I have the linksys WRH54G. Yea it says mine is sending a mixed signal too. I changed it to G only but its still doing the same thing
  4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Mine's different. My wifi signal is always full, but the internet connection is lost after every few minutes. My braodband (connected to the router, Linksys WRT54GC btw) is stable because I can browse through my desktop just fine. Any ideas?
  5. HankScorpioCEO

HankScorpioCEO New Member

Same problem here. After connecting and getting three bars *in my home where nothing has changed and it worked great for 3 months* it drops immediately to 1 bar and then none. Anyone figure anything out on this?
  6. mrfreeze

mrfreeze New Member

Same problem here, signal keeps decrease and increase all the time, sometimes the wifi hotspot desapear and I lose the connection.
    Have you try elsewhere? Does it still doing the same thing?
  7. HankScorpioCEO

HankScorpioCEO New Member

Same issue here. I go from three bars down to one very quickly then to zero. My router is not on mixed, not sure what's going on with it. I haven't changed any router info, but the first 2 months I had the touch I got 3 bars constantly.