wifi security question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nightmare0, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Nightmare0

Nightmare0 New Member

I'm just wondering if i go online using a neighbors network and assuming they even no how to check there activity logs what will they see in regards to information on my ipod touch. Will they just see an ip number or will they see a device name, type of device or something else. And is there any way they could remotely access anything on it.

You may have guessed i'm a little paranoid.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

1. I think they would just see an ip address
    2. If they knew how to access anything on it the those people would be smart enough not to have an unsecured network
    3. There is like a 1 in a billion chance that your neighbors want to hack your ipod
    The bottom line is that if they didn't want other people using their network they would have put a password on the network.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Not necessarily. Depending on the router they use, they will also be able to see your Client ID (the name you enter in the connected wifi prefs on the Touch. If you didn't enter one, it will show up as something like "iPod") in the list of currently connected clients. I had to go through this whole thing over Christmas when I was setting up three other Touches for jailbreak. (Gifts my BIL gave to his three sons-in-law. Nice dad...

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

This much is very true.