Wifi says it is connected but does not work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ECL, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ECL

ECL New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, I recently started having trouble with my ipod touch's wifi. I have a Jailbroken 2.2.1 2g ipod touch which I have been using for about 2 years. So one day, just out of the blue I tried to use the internet and it said something like no connection found, so I looked up at the top tab and it indicated the wifi was on.

If I go into settings it finds my network with maximum strength everytime. I don't really know what I did to it but it just stopped working out of the blue one day. Ive been using this wireless connection for like 2 years so I know its not my router.

Also, dont know if this is related, but sometimes when I turn it off it doesnt turn back on for a while until I keep trying and plug in in and out of the charger.

If anyone knows what is going on please help
  2. iBurnToast

iBurnToast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your iPod touch may be just so old and is not able to connect to the internet.And sometimes i lose my connection for a few secs but my iPod is showing it is connected to Wifi
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The 2G hasn't even been out for 1 year, let alone 2

Please Register or Log in to view images

When I was jailbroken, Wi-fi was very unreliable, so try uninstalling the last thing you installed from cydia before the wi-fi stopped working. And you never know, it may be the routers problem.

It will have nothing to do with age, the longest he could have had it is since Sept08.
  4. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

It does this when your modem is turned off, but the router is on. I'm not sure about your situation but that is one cause.

As for your power problem, this is a commen issue after water damage, does the battery last long? You may need to replace the battery.
  5. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

if you go to your wifi in settings, find your network, click the blue arrow. then there is renew lease button. as far as i know, it does the equivalent of reassure each other (the ipod and the wifi router) that they are there and that there is a connection between them. i dont know if that is true, i dont know what the heck that buttons for, but it works for me alot when i get disconnected. if it keeps happening after that, then you need to go to the same place, and click forget network, then you will start from scratch. you will have to type your wifi password back in (only if you have one), then it will start the connection over from the beginning. try those things, i think that will work
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I will be very surprised if Re-entering the credentials works.
  7. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

it does for me all the time. but i am running a ipt 1g, so there may be a difference.
  8. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restore is the way to go on this one.
  9. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You must be joking? He does not need to resort to that yet, its a Wi-Fi issue.
    Please don't post thoughtless posts like "Just restore" because its not helpful, and he will already know to do that if nothing works.
  10. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restoring tends to fix up wifi issues the best. Yes I am being 100% serious.