WiFi says connected, yet not.....??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corsairkid, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so when I connect to wifi, in the settings menu, everything looks good. It says "Connected to home wifi", looks normal to me. Back on the springboard, at the top of the screen where there is usually a logo for the wifi signal, there is nothing. When I try to use safari, installer, etc, it doesn't work. Basically, my iPod thinks it is connected to wifi, but it's not. What is the problem? How do I fix it? Thanks.
  2. mast3rpyr0

mast3rpyr0 New Member

the router may have mac filtering.

depending on your router, you should just have to login and goto advance wireless settings and where it says mac filtering add your ipods mac address which looks like this (00:00:00:00:00). after that it should work.
  3. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm ok. This just seems odd tho, because I have used my Touch on my wifi COUNTLESS times and this is the first time it has happened.

One more thing to throw out there, today I was at an airport and I used the free wireless there. I have NO idea if this affects anything at all, but I'm kinda desperate and so I'm just throwing ideas out now lol.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When you're "connected" to your internet, try going to your network's settings (on your iPod), and set the field called DNS to the same things as the field called Router.
  5. moosemun

moosemun New Member

or...

it could also be that your router does not recognize you ipod as a wifi device and thus you need to manually assign an ip..to do this:

on you ipod go to settings wifi and click the blue arrow next to your network then switch to "static", a cursor should appear.

now go into your computer [this is for xp, idk when it comes to macs] go to start,control panel, network and internet connections, network connections, rightclick your wifi connection and select properties, after the new windo pops up click "internet protocal (tcp/ip)" once. then hit the properties button. this will bring up your router info.

put the info on your touch:

enter an ip adress for instance mine is 192.168.0.18 on my computer so on my ipod I will have 192.168.0.XX [x represtenting numbers of your choice but not the same ones as any other computer on your net work]

and enter the rest of the info according to the computer --

leave search domains blank

when finished click "BootP" and then click "Static" again this saves the info

now you shoud be ready

Please Register or Log in to view images

and for those of you that are going to be like "zomg he gave us his ip!!!!11"; thats a local only windows ip

Please Register or Log in to view images