Wifi = Safari can't find server....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Binford2000, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Binford2000

Binford2000 New Member

So I pull my Touch out of the drawer after not using it for a couple weeks, and no internet. Safari can't load page cause it can't find the server. I click into the Wifi setttings for my home, it sees all the available networks just fine, mine shows up, good signal. I click on my network and there is nothing listed in any fields, IP, sublet, ect all blank. Wife's Touch and laptop uses our home wifi no problem, searched all the forums and search engines, tried all tips and nothing worked.

I finally got the Wifi working by unplugging my wireless print server!

Now I can't print, but can surf. If anyone one knows what caused that confilct, i'd sure like to know so I can fix attempt it.
  2. dima the great

dima the great New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea I've got a similar problem but the thing is my iTouch doesn't want to accept my WEP key, same thing is with my PSP...next week I'll have the isp people come and look at it
  3. wgcv

wgcv New Member

yess

in spanish dorum we have the solutions XD 1 u need the 1.1.2 is the best!!! Lol an u put other in wifi opcion u put name put encripter an put pass if u need next turn on the pc and conect to the wifi open the wirles opcion abd go to the part that is the. Ip sub mask dns ....
    u copy like the pc to the touch in static XD u only change th ip put 3 or 4 more ex my ip in th pc is 192.168.1.2 put 192.168.1.6 or 7 or 8 or 9 ok??? Dns =... Mask = 255.255..255.0 ok this solution u problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

in th spannish forum is more tips XD bye
    WGCV
    wgcv@gustavaca.com
    www.gustavaca.com
  4. Byron_B

Byron_B New Member

did you register the mac adresses to your router?
  5. Binford2000

Binford2000 New Member

Update = wifi is working again here's how....

I seem to have wireless harmony for the moment, here's how I fixed it.

I recently setup my wireless print server on my Vista machine. The print server was set for a manual IP address which caused a conflict with the Ipod. I changed the print server to automatically obtain an IP adress and then all my wireless devices, including the Ipod worked again.

I hope this can help someone else out there.