Wifi refuses to work in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by scraggly, Jun 22, 2009.

1. scraggly

scraggly New Member

so i took the plunge , paid my hard earn cash on the 3.0 firmware for my ipod touch 2.2.1 . Upgrade was smooth as it should be , then my wifi stopped working , nothing at all. I try to locate wifi networks with wifinder and wifitrack apps , wifinder just boots me back to homepage and wifitrack gives me a "Could not properly initialize the Wifi scanner' message. I know there is another thread about poor wifi performance , but this thread is for those poor souls who have no wifi what so ever. I have tried to reset the network settings and have restored the 3.0 firmware a couple of times , but still no wifi . Anyone else having this issue or anyone willing to help ??

**Update**

I bought WifiFoFum , and the app is able to see the surrounding wifi networks , but I can't connect to any of them , and still no wifi signal indicator on screen.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok ,very weird , just started working. had to manually enter connection credentials , then it started working !! very weird
  2. wamsie

wamsie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol this happend to me aswell the wifi keeps going up and down when it feels like, and i know for a fact that i have fantastic wifi. Why has this happen, its due to this stupid 3.0 This Firmware was supposed to be a gift from God, and now i face error after error on my ipod. Just the other day my ipod was in safe mode for the whole day until i found the problem.
  3. Jimborage

Jimborage New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    See the other posts on here about wifinder one of them explains what has happened from the writer well the link does. Wifinder doesn't work with ver 3.0 and the writer is not updating it has also been taken off the apps store by apple as they have asked him to stop using some part in the application so looks like its had it as far as it goes atm.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ah sod it here you go the link

http://larsbergstrom.wordpress.com/2008/11/03/on-the-lack-of-wifinder-updates/