wifi range after 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by shnapple212, Sep 17, 2008.

1. shnapple212

shnapple212 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I found that after I upgraded to 2.0 my wifi range is shorter..I used to be able to lay in bed and use it with 1 bar but now it cant even find it. It dose connect and all its just the range is really low. What can I do? If I go back to 1.1.4 would that make a difference or is it just the iPod? thnx!
  2. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's just wierd..I updated to 2.0 then 2.1 and my range stayed the same if not improved for some areas. Sure you didn't move your router or change it? We even got ours downstairs instead of the recommended "highest point" and still get good connection

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. goldenboy

goldenboy New Member

Mine seems to have gotten worse too, and its been where ever I go. The itouch just doesnt seem to connect as easy as it used to pre 2.0.
  4. xFinch713x

xFinch713x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my ipod, and my moms, dont connect to our wifi at all since 1.1.x-2.0.x upgrading. no clue why, but it sucks.
  5. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's the jailbreak not the firmware. I run the firmware just great.

Jailbreak 2.0: I was able to go outside, over 100ft from the connection point, with 2-3 bars.

Jailbreak 2.1: I cant go farther than 50ft without getting 0 bars. Even right near the router, my connection went from 3 bars, to 0. to 3. to 0.