WiFi Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ned Wobmit, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Ned Wobmit

Ned Wobmit New Member

Is there a known problem with the Touch with regards WiFi. I have several "free" hotspots around where I work and I get the icon in the top left showing that I am connected to that hotspot, but everytime I try to find a page, update the weather or check e-mails it won't work. Weather tells me "update Failed" web tells me "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server".

I can connect to all the free hotspots through "settings" so I am confused as to what is going wrong. Could it be down purely to signal strength? I have no problems with my connection at home on my WiFi there.
  2. dogman

dogman New Member

many of the "free" spots, or at least the ones your thought were free are not actually free. For example, Barnes & Noble and Starbucks are NOT FREE. Try Panera Bread if you can, they are the only "store" that I have found so far to be truly free.
  3. theclueless

theclueless New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    unsecured wireless doesnt mean free, or has internet connection
  4. JosephQuest

JosephQuest New Member

im not sure if that would be quite the trouble. i connected to my friends router the same way i have my mac and it gave me the same safari notice as the topic starter. it shows me connected but it isn't allowing me to load pages. is there anything else you need to put in for the password besides the WEP pass? because im worried im not getting this right and thats about the only troubles i've had with the ipod touch.
  5. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Same here, i'm connected to my WEP router and i cant connect to servers. I've registered if that had to do anything, so far i am really disappointed since i actuallly wanted the touch for internet and other applications.
  6. JosephQuest

JosephQuest New Member

same for me. i haven't tried restarting my router yet which seems to be what alot of people are saying to do so i'll have to try it once i get home and try it on my router. but hopefully i can get this working... i expecially got this for internet browsing without having to lug my laptop around everywhere.
  7. Lance

Lance New Member

I am having a similar problem it wopn't connect to my secure network even though I have the password but as soon as I unsecured it it worked ust fine does anyone have more info on this.