Wifi Problem..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rambo6, Oct 30, 2007.

1. rambo6

rambo6 New Member

Hey guys..

I have a problem with my WiFi.

If i search for conections it says my Wifi (Good) but if i want to connect it says ''Cant connect with ****) ???

Does someone know what to do ?

Thanx,Alex
  2. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is this your own wi-fi network, or are you hooking into somebody elses?

If it's an open network, you should be able to connect. However, if you don't have DHCP enabled, your Touch won't get an address. If you're getting the Unable To Connect error, the wireless accesspoint might have MAC filtering enabled.

If it's a protected network, you need to make sure you have your keys set for either WEP or WPA depending on how the network is setup.

Assuming that it's your own network, you need to access your router/access point, and check a few things. If you're doing MAC filtering to only allow accepted addresses, you need to put in the address for your Touch. If you're not broadcasting the SSID, you'll need to enter it manually.

As far as WEP goes, it's been hit or miss for me. The settings are there to connect to the network via WEP, but for some reason, I haven't been able to get it working with my home router. To be fair though, I only spent about 5-10 minutes on it, and figured I'd get back to it later when I had the time.

If it's not your own network, you'll need to find out what security protocols are in place so that you can adjust your settings accordingly.

I don't know if any of this was helpful,
    but hopefully some bit of info here
    will steer you in the right
    direction.

-Jeff
  3. rambo6

rambo6 New Member

Thanx its my own connection and i dont have a Wep or WPA
  4. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

can you write exactly what it says... the error message.

Also, if you havent yet figured this out, what type of router is it, and if all else fails, do a hard reset on the router (press the reset button for 15-20 secs)
  5. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi, I am having the same problem and is wondering since once i connected my iPod Touch to itunes, i didnt register right away. Since then i'm connected to my router but when i got into safari or youtube, i get these errors "Cannot connect to YouTube". and "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server". In the menu selection my Wi-Fi bars are blue meaning i have connection. Also i registered just now about a day after i did all my settings. If i would to restore my ipod, is there a way i can save/backup my contacts. I spent around 2 hrs putting in all my contacts info. Thank You. URGENT. Someone Plz Help!!!
  6. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

i dont think you have to restore. Change your IP to a static IP on your ipod (so if its 192.168.0.116.... change it statically to 192.168.0.125 (some ip that you know is not being used). Also if it still doesnt work after this, reset your router... it fixes MANY issues (to reset, press and hold the reset button on the back for 15-20 secs)

However if you are up to restoring again (which will fix nothing in this situation).. to backup your contacts you must either be on a mac or be uisng outlook, and you can sync contacts via itunes to outlook
  7. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks but too late. I've should have waited, o well.
  8. rambo6

rambo6 New Member

My router is a SMC 7004VWBR and if i connect it says : No connection possible with '***(Routers SSID)