wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ibitapple, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

so my wifi randomly stoped working. I connect to the network it has a check next to it and then the wifi signal in the top left is full or 2 bar but after a few seconds it goes away and i cant connect. i searched to i tried renew lease and nothing happened.

please help THX
  2. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Is the wifi you are connecting to yours, and nearby? Wifi has a limited range, and when I stray too far from my router I get the same symptoms as you. At work the number of bars I get varies depending on what direction I'm facing and the weather outside.

My point? Wifi can be reliable if you stay within range and are not blocked by walls or interference from other radio frequency devices. My laptop's wifi connection goes bad if my microwave oven is in use, for example.

Normal. You might check that the antenna(s) on your router are tight and pointed the "right" way, whatever that is.
  3. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

i pointed the antennas everyway and stood next too it and nothin worked

but thx
  4. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

come on guys....
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Has anyone enabled security or changed the password on the router you're trying to access? When my Touch looks for new wifi sources, it will try and connect, showing a few bars, until it fails to pass the router's security.

That's all I've got. If you can find another access point and try your touch there, making sure it's an open access point, then maybe we could narrow down if your Touch really has a problem or not.
  6. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

how long is the touches warnety
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you sure that the DNS is set to the same thing as the Router in the settings? That's what happened to me too, one second working fine, next second not working at all. The DNS fix worked like a charm.
  8. mambotango

mambotango New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Wifi connects/disconnects

This is happening to me too!

Tried to re-jailbreak after a not so successful 1.1.3 jailbreak. Am 1.1.1 now and cannot jb because the wi-fi has become unusable. It takes sometime to find the router, gets connected, and a little while later gets disconnected.

There are 2 ipod touch in the house so I can pinpoint my ipod touch as the problem since I can connect properly using the other one.

Have tried to look for a solution on how to fix wi-fi issues but no answers found.

Anyone, please help.

=====
    Security used is WEP, am not so sure how to find that DNS setting/fix
  9. bfp

bfp New Member

Well My "youtube search" doesnt woik its says "cant connect to youtube" even though I can use safar and its search engine fine and not only that the bookmarked youtube vids I have work fine along with the vid in my history but I cant use the search option for some dang reason ,Well there is a reason but it doesnt make sense to me WHY . There is more to my story of what happend it involves a terlit LOL!!!!!!

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41472&page=2&highlight=water damage

Anyway I still can Understand why The touch woiks in any other way accept the small power off slide bar problem and the "youtube search" problem Its driving me nuts knowing that youtube bookmarked vids work but the search doesnt WTF???????

Oh and to the other guy saying his touch is screwing with him You didnt Drop your touch recently anywhere did ya Im just asking cause Of my latest problem , And if you havnt then I would try that DNS thingy that guy is saying Actually Id like for him to give us step by step on what it is exactly ,Is it in the gen stettings? and if that dont work I think you deserve a new Ipod touch Free for your troubles from Apple I think there is a warrenty when you buy it for atleast 6 months thats what Ive heard anywya Not sure but if thats true and you bought yout touch with in that 6 months you should get them to help ya get a new one because if you tried everything were saying then its juts a "lemon" and thats not fair for someone who pays 300 bucks for something thats supposed to work longer then a "made in china knockoff" Zippo lighter LOL!!!!!!!
  10. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

how to i find my routers dns then what do i do