Wifi Problem (SOMETHING NEW)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phscyiipfer, Aug 2, 2008.

1. phscyiipfer

phscyiipfer New Member

Hi...

I have an 8gb ipod touch and jailbroken it with ziphone. this is the problem.
    after installing the jailbreak,i started using wifi again and the connection was good for awhile.
    then it went down. i check out my settings option and the wifi is on but it cannot detect or search for my wireless router. i know that my router is working bcoz i have another ipod touch 32 gb and jailbroken by ziphone 3.0 too and its wifi is OK. my laptop too has wifi connection. i tried to restore to factory settings and still no WIFI. i tried ziphone, iliberty,winpwn and still nothing. tried ziphone wifi fix, nothing. i also restored to 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 still nothing. im running out of ideas. am i missing something?

Some more details.
    Wifi was ok prior to jailbreaking.
    MAC address is still ok and Unique. (no sign of the ASCII Zibri)
    I have jailbroken many ipod touches, haven't encountered this error.
    this is not the WIFI greyed out problem.
    *The wifi option just searches for network in less then a second. normally i think it woul do like 5 or more seconds. its very fast compared to my normal ipod touch

*what happend if i use the bootloader downgrade or upgrade? will this help for the touch?

if there are no options can i restore and return the unit to apple and ask for a replacement? will they replace it?waht should i do to restore it to "ultimate factory settings"
  2. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

If you get it to the store do a full restore of it, i also sugest a restore prior to anything.
    AFAI the bootloaders are only for unlocking the iPhone so if i were you i won't do that.
    BTW i wish you luck
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Do a complete restore of the ipod touch and then jailbreak using iLiberty. iLiberty is a lot safer for 1.1.x and in all of my times jailbreaking it I never had a wi-fi problem.
  4. phscyiipfer

phscyiipfer New Member

Would bootloaders affect my touch this way? if so how woud i get rid of it. will restore do the trick of removing any traces of installed bootloaders and jailbreaks?
  5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Restore to factory settings, if that aint working, go to apple and replace it
  6. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

ASFAIK the iPod got no bootloaders, so there's no way you can change'em (you might just brick it if it's done with Pwnage) so i'll just restore it and use iLiberty + if there's no change then restore it again and take it to the apple store, the restoring washes any trace of jailbreakinggood luck mate
  7. phscyiipfer

phscyiipfer New Member

thanks for all the inputs guys. i will just keep you posted on what will happen with my ipod touch.just continue replying if you have stumbled upon a new solution.
  8. h_picko

h_picko New Member

restore, then staright to your nearest apple store
  9. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    All routers have the option of hiding their SSID, the name that comes up when you want to connect to the router. To connect try to connect manually. Do this by going into the wifi settigns. It will do it's normal search. If your SSID isn't up, hit "Other". Type in the name of your SSID that your Laptop is connected to. Select the security type. Put in the password. And you should be connected.
  10. phscyiipfer

phscyiipfer New Member

im certain its not the hidden SSID coz my SSID shows up on my other ipod touch. thanks anyways.