WIFI Problem PLS HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EuroBartek, Dec 15, 2007.

1. EuroBartek

EuroBartek New Member

hey I connected to my own family wireless and i have a full connection but when i open safari and try to go to any page it says , "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server." and all i can hit is ok

and hwen clicking on You Tube it says "Cannot connect to YouTube" and all i can hit again is ok!

pls help i really wanna jail break my ipod!
  2. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds like it's something to do with your wireless network/router, not your iPod. It may not be assigning it an IP address.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try this, go to settings, wifi settings, and set the DNS for your iPod to the same as Router.

Next time, search.
  4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

I have a different problem: I can connect fine for a few minutes but then it just stops. My internet connection is stable but the iPod touch would stop downloading (installer). I just stops. I have to either turn off then on my Touch's wifi, or click forget connection to refresh it. Then I'll have internet connection again for a few minutes, then it stops again. Any ideas please?
  5. himself

himself New Member

^ sam problem as this bloke

and also it just plain won't connect to Wifi Hotspots - can anyone help?
  6. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Hmmm... Mine seems to have improved after a few reboots on my router.
    It still freezes, but a lot less now.

Try rebooting your router. If that doesn't solve it, try resetting the router. This will restore factory settings so you will have to reconfigure it. Hope that helps.
  7. randomnessness23

randomnessness23 New Member

well im having the same problem as eurobartek...but my touch isnt getting assigned a router address and i had to manually enter the DNS...but i can manually assign the router...and my touch wont pick the router up or the router wont let itself be picked up... please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    are you sure you dont have your router set to hide your SSID?
  9. randomnessness23

randomnessness23 New Member

well i probably do... but how do i turn "hide SSID" off?
  10. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    depending what router you have, you're going to have to go into your router settings. so get on a computer thats connected to your router (wired or wireless, it doesnt matter) and type 192.168.1.1 in your internet bar (where you'd normally type a website address) and it SHOULD ask you to log in. if it does, then type your username and password (by default, most of the time the username is "admin" and the password is "admin") or if you set one up thats different, type it. if you're using a linksys router, its really easy. go to the Wireless tab at the top, you should see an option for "Wireless SSID Broadcast", set to either no, or yes. if its set to no, just set it to yes and save the settings. you might want to reboot your router afterwards just in case it doesnt set the new settings automatically. then do a search on your ipod and see if your router comes up