Wifi problem (get disconnected after 5-10 min)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mtitono, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mtitono

mtitono New Member

Hello
    i have an ipod touch 2G 8gb, its still new..

The wifi connection that i use in my university is open, but everytime we connect, we must open the internet browser, open a random website to open a login page to my university connection. After i connect, there will be an pop-up that must be always opened(if we close it, the connection will be lost after 5-10 min).

it is the procedure in my laptop, and i do the same with safari's in the ipod. And of course the internet worked, and there is the pop-up too (i changed the setting to enable pop-up). after that i browse with the pop-up in the another page(in the background)

but after that, the internet keep disconnecting after 5-10 minutes(like when the pop-up is closed). is there someone that know the solution? or maybe anyone that have the same problem with me?

maybe its the problem of safari?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you are jailbroken, try the alternative browser called FoxFire (or something like that).
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    you can try a restore or send it back to apple and see what they think about it
  4. mtitono

mtitono New Member

How can i jailbroke it, it is 2G..

thanks bapesbaseball5, maybe ill try to restore it tomorrow, hope it works..

but i dont prefer to take it to apple, maybe for last resort