WIFI! Please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SilverHaze44, Dec 10, 2007.

1. SilverHaze44

SilverHaze44 New Member

So Ive been tryin to get the wifi to work on my ipod touch for weeks now and nobody seems to know whats goin on. I will have a wifi connection with 3 bars and then when I go to watch a video or stream some music the signal will slowly die by going to 2 bars then 1 bar and finally not working at all. Anyone else had this same problem and was able to fix it?
  2. robjob

robjob New Member

I had similar issues with two previous touches. Yes, I said two!
    the signal would just drop off when I was two feet from the router. One of the iPods was from the first production week (35) and ratherthan risk it I went and got a week 42 over the weekend. So, if it is an early version that is a possibility.
    How do you stream music??? Do you have to jailbreak to do that?
  3. SilverHaze44

SilverHaze44 New Member

No sorry for I meant through Itunes when I preview a song. It will play for a little while but then my wifi bars drop and nothing works
  4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    take it back it must be a faulty one
  5. robjob

robjob New Member

yeah, these things are not cheap. I'd take it back too.
    If you are out of range that's one thing, if it fails so close to the router don't mess with it.
  6. SilverHaze44

SilverHaze44 New Member

That sucks cuz I got it as a gift. I guess Im S.O.L.
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, considering the iPod Touch hasn't even been out for a year, I'd just go into an Apple Store and see if they'd just exchange it under warranty...
  8. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Are you in an area where there are a lot of other WiFi signals around? If so, try changing channels in your router config. I had to do that in my apartment, where there can be as many as 20+ WiFi spots in the general vicinity. All that noise was causing periodic bouts of severe interference. Changing to channel 4 (from 10, where I was originally) cleared that right up.

I also boosted signal output to 100% (from 50%). This feature isn't available on all routers, and I had to install a hacked firmware on my Linksys router to gain that ability, but it definitely helped drown out the wireless chatter.