Wifi on the go

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gameaholic, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Gameaholic

Gameaholic New Member

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but if its not in the "right" location, feel free to move it.

I have a ipod touch 2g and i find it annoying to be only able to go online whenever there's a wifi connection. Is there anyone i can still have wifi while driving or near my car? Is there any device that i can take on the go that can provide some sort of wifi connection (maybe link to the wifi at home?). Thanks
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

No,

Sorry..
  3. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

4. vandakeg

vandakeg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is hope that when the jailbreak is released, you might be able to access bluetooth functions, and then pair your iPod with your web enabled phone. That's a very hypothetical situation... But not out of the realm of possibility.
  5. comps

comps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can buy one of those rogers car wifi. Plug it in and get wifi but, I believe its like $40 a month.
  6. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, you can buy a portable wifi router which you plug an air card into. The data plans for the air cards run $60/month. The routers are $150-200.

Oh, and there's WMwifirouter which turns your Windows Mobile smartphone with wifi into a wifi hotspot. People have tethered their iPod Touches to those. And your paying for your smartphone anyways. WMwifirouter is a free program.
  7. Gameaholic

Gameaholic New Member

Yeah i was posting this quesiton on another forum and got a pretty similiar answer. but the reason i bought the touch was because i can enjoy all the iphone's features plus internet access without additional monthly fees

for the WMwifirouter all i need is to pay $20 for the license of the program or w/e ? Would i need a jailbroken i pod touch for that?
  8. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's pretty useless if you ask me. Just get an iPhone.
  10. vandakeg

vandakeg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would've bought an iPhone long ago if it were available on Verizon's network, or at least didn't drop 1 out of 3 calls (whether that's AT&T or Apple's fault, I don't know). Unfortunately, it seems like the only thing the iPhone struggles with is the whole 'phone' aspect of it.

I just recently bought an iPod touch 2g, and the ONLY thing that irks me about it is not having wifi wherever I go. If I could somehow tether it to my LG Voyager through Bluetooth DUN hack, it would be the greatest gadget ever!