Wifi on/off Button App? Someone please develop this.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thespaz, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thespaz

thespaz New Member

I'm looking for a really simple App for the iPod touch (can work with the iPhone too I suppose) but, here's my idea.

How about a simple app that when you click it, it turns wifi on or off. The icon can even change to reflect what the status of wifi is. Like it can be empty bars with it off and full blue bars when it's on (in the app icon of course). I think it's kind of a pain to constantly be going into settings, then wifi and then clicking the on/off button. I usually turn wifi off to save battery but, when I want it, I want it fast you know? Is there something out there that is already like this? It doesn't sound like a hard thing to implement.
  2. mepman

mepman Banned

Would be a great help
  3. bunnyhero

bunnyhero New Member

this isn't a single button, but using services.app will make it a little quicker anyway (click on services, click on/off button -- one less step).
  4. thespaz

thespaz New Member

Does Services.app work on the iPod touch? I just wanna turn Wifi on and off... I don't care about the rest.
  5. surfdog473

surfdog473 New Member

Services app

I dont know if services app works on Ipot, however I have seen posts on another forum about SSH eating up battery life on Iphones...Has anyone experienced this on their Ipots?

The Iphoners suggest installing services.app to gain access to shut off ssh...you would also be able to shut off wifi (you can do this under settings aswell).

is the services.app in the installer? and will this work or it it even necessary, i havent noticed any significant battery life issues so far
  6. YOHAN

YOHAN New Member

I think they should remove the iTunes store button shortcut and replace it with any other button that we like... like the wifi button!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. yacoub

yacoub New Member

I wish there was a way to turn SSH on and off and of course also the wifi button like the thread starter mentioned. Both would be very handy.
  8. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What is wrong with the itunes store? People have begged for that feature for months.
  9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

hmmm 99 cents for a drm 128kb/s acc song
    nothing wrong with that
    if you like drm that is
  10. bonehead848

bonehead848 New Member

I have services on my touch and it works fine. It is in the installer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.