wifi not working (greyed out)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by misscali, Dec 5, 2008.

1. misscali

misscali New Member

My roomate's ipod touch's Wi-Fi is not working anymore. He had never jailbroken it. He's restored it twice to factory, still not working. Hardware issue? Related to 2.2 firmware?

I'm running out of things to try, I can jailbreak it but SSH wont work w/o WiFi
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

So, what happens if you try to turn it on? Nothing? Or to turn it off? Because at this point, it sounds like it's time to take it to the Apple Store for repair/replacement.
  3. misscali

misscali New Member

It seems to work fine except the wi-fi will not work
  4. dean11

dean11 New Member

it sounds like the problem lies with the computer or router that is broadcasting the network. Check to see if the internet connection is shared on the computer and that the router or wifi adapter is working properly. More info would be helpful
  5. msg123

msg123 New Member

if it is 'greyed out' and says something like "no-wifi" all u have to do is reset your network settings. Ur ipod will restart and everything should be back to normal
  6. misscali

misscali New Member

My ipod connects fine on our network, and his did too before. I did try to reset the network settings though, also tried a full restore. Neither worked.

Yeah, it says "no-wifi" in grey
  7. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

it might be a hardware roblem. I spilled water on mine and that happenned. it evaporated I think cause it worked later without me doing anything. the wifi button said no wifi in grey. if restore doesn't fix it it's probabally hardware
  8. misscali

misscali New Member

yeah it probly is hardware problem, but he said he didnt spill anything on it or anything.
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

Refresh your network settings. Try reinstalling your router and reconfiguring it with your computer. There is probably just an issue between the two, but if there is a hardware issue and your router isn't working at all, you'll have to replace the router. Also, one of your ethernet ports may be faulty.

I don't think it is a problem with the iPod, but rather a problem related to your computer/router set-up. Try the things I stated above. Hope it solved your problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

it's not a router problem dude... the wifi menu won't open. go into settings and you can't click the wifi thing. it's disabled. it's definitly iPod