iOS 4.0 Wifi not working after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sayma3, Aug 16, 2010.

1. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wifi full bars but not connecting after Jailbreak, Please help!

Hey guys,
    I'm using a 32GB iPhone 4 with the Jailbreak for iOS 4.0
    When I first jailbroke by device it was working fine, no problems what so ever. The problem I have with Wifi is that it shows that it's connected when infact it's not.
    I first noticed the problem when I went abroad and when I connected to a wifi, it told me that I didn't have data roaming on and that I should go to the settings menu to change it (almost as if it didn't even acknowledge that the wifi was on in the first place or that it was connected to a network).
    I'm back home now and the wifi that was working no problem before, now isnt working atall. It shows that it's connected but pages don't load on it. My iPad and iPod touch 2g work no problem, both Jailbroken, and so does my laptop. Anyone else having this problem? Is there any individual cydia app that you can put this down to?

Thanks!
  2. rykah

rykah Member

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. It will reset your iPhone while clearing your network settings and saved wifi routers. This should fix it, but I'm not completely sure.
  3. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So simple and yet so effective... Thanks man - good to know that's there.
  4. rykah

rykah Member

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

HElpp!!!

I have jailbroke my iphone an reset the network settings.. even rebooted the phone an went to the network an clicked forget this network an rebooted it again.. But nothing is working. PLz help me.
  6. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what device are you using? what version are you running? how long has it been since you restored? and how much from cydia have you put on? (maybe some imcompatabilities)
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

hay good looking out. totally fixed my prob. i was having the sameone as everyoen else