WiFi not connecting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YorkiePud, Jul 26, 2009.

1. YorkiePud

YorkiePud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The title not's the full story.

When I'm in free WiFi hotspots I can get a signal (I can connect to my local pub's WiFi).

But my home WiFi won't connect: "Unable to join the network ...".

I know I can just reset, but that could lose me some of my public (though password-protected) WiFi settings.

Is there another way?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It sounds like a router issue, not a iPod Touch issue. I'd normally suggest resetting the router, but you don't want to. Can't you go into your router settings and re-establish/re-setup the iPod connection?
  3. ortiz817

ortiz817 New Member

when you say i know i can reset do you mean reset your ipod or reset your router
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download the iPhone Configuration Utility.

You can create whats called a Configuration Profile and then transfer it to your device.
    You can enter the SSID, and the correct password, and it will automatically connect.

Entering your password on the device itself can be a pain and you probably entered it wrong.

Wait? You have a password right? Cause if its an open network, then its a problem with your device.
  5. YorkiePud

YorkiePud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, guys, there's some food for thought. (BTW I meant resetting the iPod Touch, not the WiFi router - not sure I know how to do that.)

I'll try downloading the iPhone thingy as suggested. Hope that works with the Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images