WiFi not connecting to Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Meetloaf13, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello,

This morning I woke up and my iPod Touch says 'unable to join network "XXXXX" '

I have rebooted my iPod, forgotten said network and reinput setting, reset network settings all on my ipod and still the same problem.

I have also reset the settings on the router and unplugged it for 5 minutes and turned it back on...still no go.

Everything was working perfectly when I went to bed last night and when I woke up this morning this is what happens. Neither my iPod or Airport Extreme were changed in between.

ANY ideas? This is a bit of silliness really.

The router is running WPA2 and I am connected to it with my laptop right now.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    My iPod forgots my Wifi password when the signal get's low. So could be the same for you?

Try a restore. If that doesn't work see if your iPod can connect to any Wifi. Then if it doesn't go to Apple.
  3. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am at work now, I was able to "connect" with WEP-128 (Open Key) and WPA2, but did not get any internet.

I then changed disabled all security on my router, rebooted my iPod, and connected to WiFi. I'm still not satisfied with this, my iPod has been connecting to many different routers and encryptions (WEP-64, WEP-128, WPA, & WPA2) before and after Jailbreak?

What gives?

UPDATE: I will have to verify this when I get home, but I was able to successfully connect to encrypted WPA2 by entering all letters in CAPS. I did not do so on the router, all were lower-case, but FWIW, using CAPS for all letters seams to have fixed this here at work. I'll update with Airport Extreme when I return home this evening.
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You could have put in the wrong wifi password?
  5. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, I verified by re-entering 3 times, here at work, and here at home. Entering in all CAPS fixed it, at least here at work.