Wifi Music store help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by the_raider, Sep 16, 2007.

1. the_raider

the_raider New Member

I bought an album on the Wifi Itunes Music Store just to see it in action and when I plug it back up to iTunes and it won't sync back. Is there a setting I have to change or something.
  2. cybernorris

cybernorris New Member

You're not alone. I bought some stuff and iTunes does not see it to sync it back. I called Apple support and they told me to contact iTunes support and request the purchase be reset for download via iTunes.

P. 39 of the PDF guide I downloaded specifically says the purchased content will be automatically sync'd to the iTunes library the next time you plug it in. This did NOT happen for me... and I tried multiple ways. iTunes just doesn't see the purchased tunes exist on the Touch, even though I can see and play them.

What I purchased was not in their top lists... I searched for specific artists... Diana Krall and Dave Brubeck. So I'm wondering if it only works with items in their "top" list.

I'm syncing to a Windows system and definitely have the latest version of iTunes.
  3. merlinmatias

merlinmatias New Member

connect the ipod to the computer, then go to file and the to transfer purchases from ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. the_raider

the_raider New Member

I'll try it when I get home with my computer.
  5. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sure. Post your results.
  6. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

about a week ago i connected my iPod Mini and itunes asked me if i wanted to transfer my purchased songs...altho i dont have iTunes WI-FI on my mini...
  7. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

That's a newer feature of iTunes 7. If you have songs you purchased that are on your iPod and not in iTunes, iTunes will ask you if you want to sync them to your library on your computer (EX: your computer crashes, you have to reinstall everything, iTunes will sync back PURCHASED music back to the iTunes library. It won't do it for anything else (which kinda sucks). But that's why you saw that with your mini.
  8. veryniceipod

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh i thought it was only with the iPhone and the Touch. That's not a bad feature though.
  9. the_raider

the_raider New Member

yeah, it worked, but is there a setting that you can change in itunes or on the iPod Touch so that it does it automatically, because i can't find one.
  10. veryniceipod

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There may not be a setting for that since it's 'supposed' to do it automatically.