WiFi Malfunction..Please help me...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MJO, Apr 15, 2009.

1. MJO

MJO New Member

I am very new to this stuff, I learn most of it from my students but we do not have WiFi at school so they can not help me.

Two day ago and for the month before that Safari has worked without a problem. Then two days ago no safari...I could still get e-mails and new apps as well as play apps on-line. Was at Best Buy and they recommended a restore. So I did. And an hour later I was good to go.

Good last night.
    Good today until about noon cst. Now I am back to no safari. I can get new e-mails and use apps but no navigation.

I do not want to...unless there is not other option...restore every day or two.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Remember that I am not good with this stuff so please be kind with your help so that I can understand.

Thank you,
    Michael
  2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It would help if you told us what was actually wrong with Safari.
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Under settings clear safaris cache and cookies. More info wouldve gotten you a better answer.
  4. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Reset your network settings if the above doesn't work.
  5. MJO

MJO New Member

Just tried the above and no change.

Okay when I hit safari it goes to the navigation screen. It says it is loading. I have the three bars in the top left corner to the right of where it says iPod. the blue bar that goes across the web page you have requested goes out to about the first w of www. and stays there. and that is it.

MJO
    BTW..thank you for the quick responses.
  6. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Then it has something to do with your router. Make sure you do not have any filters I. Or anything blocked.
  7. MJO

MJO New Member

okay..tonight. I turned on the ipod and it just worked??????? why? what do I need to look for as far as filters? where? how?

thank you,
    MJO