Wifi losing SSID broadcast

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zdrasti, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Zdrasti

Zdrasti New Member

Hi guys,

I have searched, but I couldn't find any answers for my problem, so here it is:

I have a Linksys Wireless-N router, and my IPod Touch 1.1.3 (I don't think it matters which firmware I have, but anyways). When I go to Settings-->Wifi, turn Wifi on, I can see a list of Wifi servers, like 10 servers. I connect to my network, and everything goes well for a while : I can see the signal on the top left corner, and I can go to Internet features (Safari, Mobile Mail, Maps...). But after a while, maybe half an hour, my iPod loses connection with my wifi server, and when I go to Settings-->Wifi, all of the SSID (including my server's) are gone! I can't see any SSID anymore. I also tried to connect mannually by entering the SSID and password, but it still won't work!

The only way I've found for now is to restart the iPod (turn off and then turn on again), but it still repeats the same thing after a while... The problem isn't in my server, because, as I said earlier, all of the servers dissapeared.

Any suggestions?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Because I don't want to restart my iPod each time I lose connection.

2. mossme89

mossme89 Member

thats happened to me a few times with my verizon router. i just unplug and plug back in the router after like 10 seconds

rep me if it works!!!
  3. Zdrasti

Zdrasti New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried, but it still won't work.