iOS 4.0 Wifi issues with 4.0b1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sparkyx, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Upon upgrading and jailbreaking, I noticed my iPhone 3G cannot detect any wireless networks. My Macbook has no problems finding and connecting, but they won't even show on my iPhone. I have tried resetting the network settings, manually entering the router name by typing it in, and even restoring. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem or if it's just my iPhone.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I think it may be my device and not the firmware. I downgraded to 3.1.2 and still have the same problem :\
  2. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    did u restore as a new iphone or as a backup? if as a backup, ur handing the problem back to ur self.
  3. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Having the same problem, I discovered my iPod doesn't connect to Wireless N routers, giving off the N Signal.

Go into your router (its the IP address.. most likely 192.168.1.1) and change the wireless settings to MIXED B+G mode, rather than MIXED, or N, G, B, or N Wireless.

Hope this solves the problem, because it worked for me!

I would also suggest when a new 4.0 beta is released to try enabling the N signal again to see if it has been fixed.
  4. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It isn't the router. I'm using one of the older linksys wireless G routers, and I know that those are 100% compatible with every iPod Touch and iPhone. I will try iPWN's advice and DFU Restore it back to 4.0 as a new iPhone.
    Okay i figured out the problem. The wireless flat cable (connector #6 to the logic board) has a damaged end on the motherboard from being forced down on it. I'm just going to sell this as an iPhone 3G with Custom Red Back, no wifi, in hopes that somebody with a data plan won't care.

Case Closed.
    woah i fixed it? I readjusted the connector and now it works fine? Just thought I might let everyone know. =]