Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by DxTania, Feb 4, 2008.

1. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know if it's 1.1.3 or not, but no pages on Safari will load and Installer can't refresh it's sources even though it's connected to my home wifi. I have tried forgetting the network and rejoining and it has the wifi bars up top, but it's just not working. Any ideas short of restoring? I really don't want to go through this again

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit- yes i have tried resetting network settings and ALL settings, it just keeps giving me and error, and obviously through this post my wifi is working correctly.

Okay apparently I am not getting any Router or DNS numbers, and I read if you don't it's usually incompatibility, but my iPod has been able to connect to my router before, ughh ultimate confusion.
  2. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Anybody..I need to install more things :[
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Heyy, question hereee...

Have you payed your internet bill lately? =)

Firewall Maybe? Wrong WEP / WPA Key?
  4. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This computer is fully connected to the wifi in the next room, the wep is correct because it DOES connect to the wifi, just not the internet part..it's just the DNS and Router is not getting to my iPoT.

Oh and my iPoT was able to connect to this wifi before 1.1.3..I've forgotten if I connected it WITH 1.1.3 and it connects to my wifi at my mom's house [linksys] just not this one [2WIRE]
  5. TooCool

TooCool New Member

same thing happened after i upgraded to 1.1.3 and it drove me crazy for a couple of days. What worked for me was setting the DNS to the same number as the router (something like 192.168.1.1) in the settings. the first time i tried this it didnt work but after playing with that DNS number, deleting it and retyping it finally got me going again and has worked everytime since that problem happend. hope it helps
  6. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Renew Lease? or you could be like me and have a totally retarded Wifi router. mines like a linksys WRT54g. unplug it and your standard router i.e. cable? and then after ten seconds plug it back in

normally works
  7. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have seen this myself on 1.1.3 (and 1.1.2).

You need to give the poor little bugger some time to launch the dhcp client. If you start hammering it with network traffic it seems to panic and assign itself some funky local address. I suppose it might happen also if there is a lot of stuff already running on the touch.

Try rebooting the touch. Then turn on wifi. Wait. Wait a bit more. Like 20-30 seconds after the bars pop up. Then go back into settings and see if you got a real address and dns info.

For me, it seems like getting the first lease is really hit or miss. Once its pulled one via DHCP, it tries to renew that one before requesting a new one, which (almost always) works.

If that fails, you *can* assign it a static IP address, gateway, and DNS. That works jim dandy and gets around the issue, assuming you know what those numbers should be.
  8. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried this, it gives the touch like a weird ip [169.254.246.118] it doesn't look right to me it's usually like 192.168.1.110 or something along those lines. And I don't know how to assign it the numbers :/
  9. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Anyone..? Restarting Router/iPod/Renewing lease didn't work either.
  10. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    My friend up the street from me has a belkin 54 g router an I have a linksys wrt54g running dd-wrt and my router works perfectly and while standing at the bus stop (by his house) I check my myspace but I can connect to his router but no Internet (DNS,ip,submask,gateway) none of them r there so I use another connection I don't know if you have a belkin or not but I have no luck with belkin products.