Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thegamerocks06, Aug 5, 2009.

1. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been able to use wifi on my iPod earlier at my friends place(one without password)! And i was also using my PC as a router to get wifi on my iPod and it worked fine!
    Today i got a new Wifi router (Belkin54g)! It has a password and i'm able to connect it to my laptop but when i connect it with my iPod it asks for password and then when i enter it, it connects just fine! I get the full signal but still when i try to use any Wifi app it just doesn't work!
    When i go to the details of my Wifi in my iPod i see that in the static tab that it is empty! Also in DHCP the IP address is something like 169.254.xxx.xxx but i think it should be something like 192.164.xx.xx ?!
    Can anyone help me figure out my problem and give a possible solution? That would be highly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a iPod Touch 2G running on 3.0!
  2. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    lol...i think there have been fixes to this on the site for a long time...when it was happening to me i cleared my router cache and that seemed to work....if not then use the search feature on the forums

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. thegamerocks06

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried searching but got no solution! And how do i clear my router cache?
  4. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Change the encryption type to WPA, worked for me.
  5. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    well im running vista and im on bt so to connect to my bt router i have to log on to their websit and do it from there....not sure how to do it from my pc....try google on how to rgister your ipod's mac address to your router so it lets the ipod use the internet....i think i heard somewhere that if your router sends out an ip address that starts with 169. then its a fake to stop an unregistered device from usuing the internet?....try the belkin website they might have a forum
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yer it also might be that your router encryption settings is wep instead of wpa
  6. thegamerocks06

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I guess i have to enable MAC filtering address of my iPod, but for that i have to enter the IP address of my router in the address bar. But when i do that it gives page load error?!