Wifi is slooowwww

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corsairkid, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, so when I first got my touch a few months back, wifi was great. Then about a week after getting it, wifi just slowed down to iwhere it was unusable. It would not load a webpage. I just turned off my wifi for about 2 weeks and didnt even bother trying it. Then one day I decided i would give it another go. for some odd reason, it worked perfectly again. I jailbroke my ipod and it was all fine and dandy. Then one day, installer would not update sources. It would load and load and load......... and never finish updating sources. Also, safari, youtube, and ITMS would not work right. It was the same problem I had before. Today, I reverted back to 1.1.1 software and jailbroke it again. jailbreakme.com worked fine. But even a site such as google would not work. When I went into installer, it did the same damn thing with the "refreshing sources". It just loads and loads and loads. Anyone have any idea on how I can fix this? It is very frustrating. Thanks.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have any other wi-fi devices so you can verify that it is your iPod, not your network?
  3. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes I have a wireless laptop that works great. Always has a strong signal. I use my iPod in the same place that I use my laptop and it does not work. On the iPod it shows I have full signal strength.
  4. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The iPod is the problem, most likely. Try restoring.
  5. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You could try restarting your Router?!
  6. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

That's what I do whenever my connection is slow but I guess it would not work in this case because its the iPod's problem.
  7. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the answers guys. I have tried restoring in the past, nothing. I have restarted the router, and nothing. And to top it all off, my sister got a touch for xmas and her wifi is the same as mine. So now I am thinking that it might just be that all Touches get bad signals in my house? Idk

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Question - have you turned off mixed mode? Just set it for 802.11g... I've heard setting it for backward compatibility can cause issues at times...
  9. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What is mixed mode?
  10. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Setting for backwards compatibility with 802.11b routers... if you set it for 802.11g only, it might help...