Wifi is not working from Water Damage

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by burtonxboarder, Apr 11, 2008.

1. burtonxboarder

burtonxboarder New Member

My ipod fell into water for about a second into my sink about 3 days ago. I used a blow drier and let it sit for 3 days. I put it into my computer's charger and everything is working fine. Except for wifi. My iPod was only half submerged under water because I pulled it out with the earphones line going into it, so I'm pretty sure the "sensor" or whatever is inside of there hasn't changed in any way. Should I goto the apple store and say the wifi stopped working, and try to get a new one? Also how can I tell if the "sensor" has changed color?

-Thanks
  2. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    to see if the sensor has changed colors, just look at it, its at the end of the earphone jack, i forget what, but theres some sort of thing ( i think its garlic), if u rub it on the strip, it will turn back to normal
  3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Try turning it off completely, then submerge it into a bowl of kitty litter or rice, kitty litter if you have some, rice works good as well, for like a day. That might suck up some extra bit of moister. If that doesn't work, fix the water detector slip, like biggymac609 said, so that it is white again (if it is activated pink) and send it to apple to get it fixed/replaced.
  4. kykoolj

kykoolj New Member

I Did the exact same thing about 4 months ago...... I got lucky and took it back to the apple store and got a brand new one..........So if it doesn't work when it gets done drying out then i would take it to a apple store and try to get a new one.