WIFI is fuxored

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MadRopes, Dec 26, 2007.

1. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

I dont know what the problem is but the wifi on my touch has recently stopped working. I used to be able to use my neighbors wifi as it wasnt locked. Now, it wont connect to any networks. When I click the blue arrow on any wifi connections, it wont give me the IP or any info on it anymore either. I really need to fix this, someone help me out. I dont have a wireless router of my own, i usually just connect to wifi when I am out and about at wifi hotspots. But now it wont connect anywhere. It always pops up saying "Unable to connect to "xxxxxx"

Any suggestions?

Btw, my touch is jailbroken. Could this be the problem? Althought it worked fine a few days ago.
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Sometimes I get the same error message, when the WiFi signal is not strong enough... maybe that could be your problem?
  3. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

BUt its weird cause it used to be able to connect at the same spot. Now it doesnt.

Should I restore my ipod?
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

How many other signals does your Touch pick up? It could be an interference problem. I used to have quite a bit of trouble connecting to my own wireless due to the presence of so many other signals in my immediate area, but once I changed wireless channels and boosted my wifi signal the problem disappeared completely. Obviously this isn't an option for you if you don't have access to the router's configuration, but it's an explanation anyway.

If I were you I'd just go out and get a Wireless-G router. They can be had pretty cheaply these days.