wifi ip adress problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by makaveldon04i, Feb 2, 2008.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

i have a problem with SSH...idk what to do...so after i jailbroke my friends ipod, i couldnt be able to ssh into ipods anymore...i dont have wifi, so i make my laptop that has a wireless adapter as a wifi acess point(using an ad hoc connection -computer to computer-)

on my ipod when i do that, my ip is like 169.254.XXX.XXX instead of 192.168.X.XXX like it should me....

now, i tried changing the ipods ip, my networks ip, reseting my modem, reinstalling my drivers for my modem...and everything possible...

i have ssh on, ssh installed and everything...

is there a solution...total commander and iphonebrowser do work, but not really since i cant change the permission of the files when i use it...well the programs just dont allow it...so if anyone can help, then thanks
  2. DTRocker

DTRocker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have this same problem and it pisses me off 75% of the time nothing works other than to restart my ipot by shutting it down and turning it back on but i want a fix for this crap bug
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

whatever, i used a different method, takes longer, but it works for me

use iphonebrowser...serch on youtube, *search* and there is a video showing you where/how to use it...its simple, no wifi