WiFi in home

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wyldtouch, Sep 28, 2007.

1. wyldtouch

wyldtouch New Member

I read a thread about this problem but can not find it on the search. I can get connected to wifi but when I try to go to surf, go to you tube or iTune store net I get an error message of "can not find server"

Under settings for wireless network connection the IP address and Subnet Mask are auto filled but there is nothing under Router, DNS, or Search Domains.

How should the HTTP Proxy be filled out: Off, Manual, or Auto. I have tried all three and nothing seems to work.

Please help if you can.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. emuguy

emuguy New Member

I have the same problem!!!
  3. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

first, what kind of router do you have, and is there encryption?
  4. wyldtouch

wyldtouch New Member

Router is an Actiontec 4 port wireless that comes with Verizon Fios. I have two other laptops hooked up to the system without a problem. It askes for the Key password and then you surf the net.

The touch asked for the password, it accepted it and seems to be connected but I can not get to the net.

By the way, I went to Starbucks on the corner and got on the net and youtube without a problem. Just not sure what to try from here.
  5. wyldtouch

wyldtouch New Member

OK,

After a few hours on phone with apple tech support I got the wifi running. I am not sure what did it but I logged off of network by not hitting the "forget this network" button and then logged back in with same password as before and it is now working.

The tech said that the Iphone people are having the same trouble. I am happy it is working, although it took half a day to get it running.
  6. whatanerd

whatanerd New Member

i am wondering how many people are having the same problem with connecting to wi-fi. I mean, I know that there are already problems with wi-fi, but i am wondering how much of the issue has to do with the ipot?

I am connected now to the same network, but the ipot cannot connect (or I should say 'find the server')
  7. whatanerd

whatanerd New Member

OK, so after reading many posts about the wi-fi & can't connect to the server, I have figured out my issue.

When entering the password (wep) i was using the PASSCODE that my router assigned. Instead of using the passcode, I used the actual WEP key (26-characters).

Hallelujah! I was able to connect with no issues after I did this. SEEQPOD.com is super-duper-awesome!
  8. p3nn

p3nn New Member

Where do i find my actual wep key?, i have my wep key which is a word and a number which i chose and that doesn't work =(......
  9. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

it should work if that is your wep key... maybe case sensitive?