Wifi Help

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by jeffjeffpika, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jeffjeffpika

jeffjeffpika New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi. I just got a new MacBook few days ago (and hence, a newbie in Mac), and just installed Kismac. Everything including the wifi was working fine until I installed Kismac. I tried to initiate the scan but somehow there are some errors (something like, I selected the wrong driver). Upon reading some tutorials online, I turned off my airport and turn it on again. This time, although my airport is connected to my house wifi (Which is hidden and WEP protected), the internet just does not load! Uh oh.. I tried uninstalling Kismac and restarting my MacBook, but I still get online, despite the fact that I am connected to the wifi. Help please? And yes, I've learn a very hard lesson - beginners must NEVER use Kismac.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jeffjeffpika

jeffjeffpika New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ahhh... I am so embarrassed now... The reason I cannot go online is because there's something wrong with my network provider. It has absolutely nothing to do with my airport. Hahaha... Anyway, case solved (in an unexpected way). Moderator, please close this thread.

(and yeah, I won't be playing around with Kismac until I learn more about wireless networking.)