wifi help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caialedgroves, Feb 17, 2008.

1. caialedgroves

caialedgroves New Member

my internet is working fine, the wifi has been running perfect on my ipod
    i restored my ipod and now the wi-fi doesnt seem to work, it says its connected but everytime i go on safari it says "cant find the server"

any ideas?
  2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

there a few things you can do. sometimes, if it is a passworded wifi, and you enter an incorrect password, it'll still let you on, but not let you use internet (ie. cannot connect to server) so you can:

1. forget network, and enter wifi again
    2. reboot your wifi (modem and router, computer is unnecessary, you can keep that on)
    3. go to the little blue arrow, scroll down and hit renew lease, it works sometimes, but use it as a last resort
  3. caialedgroves

caialedgroves New Member

i tired doing the password multiple times but it still connects .. still wont work
    what does the renew lease do? ive click it but im not sure what it does
  4. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

i'm not really sure what it does myself, but it worked once for me.

hmm.. does the internet work for the computers that are connected? or is it working for everything except your ipod
  5. caialedgroves

caialedgroves New Member

no, i use a macbook and the internet works on it fine, the wi-fi was working great but then jailbroke my ipod so that intaller.app would work for 1.1.3 but then the wi-fi didnt work, so i restored it again so its just a normal ipod again
  6. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

i've jailbroken my ipod tons of times already, and i have never really had any problem like what you are. you should maybe give the modem/router some time to rest and try again in a little bit. sometimes that happens to me, but not as a result of jaiblreaking.

sry, wish i could help more.
  7. caialedgroves

caialedgroves New Member

thanks for the help anyway, yeh i guess ill just give it sometime, i used ZiPhone to jailbrake it, but it the wi-fi stopped working after i jailbroke it, so i was just wondering if that was anything to day with it
  8. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

ouch, now i really really cant help you cus i dont really know anything about the ziphone jailbreak, i used ipodtouchmasters way everytime. sorry bro and good luck