WiFi Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamjam757, Jan 22, 2008.

1. jamjam757

jamjam757 New Member

I have some questions concerning different wifi connections and accessing the internet or anything else that requires a wifi connection. Whenever I'm at home I am connected to my personal wireless internet connection and everything works fine, but whenever I pick up wifi internet at my school or at a basketball game, whenever I open up safari it says "cannot find the server" and so I can't access the internet or use any other applications that require wifi. If anyone has some answers as to what I can do that would be awesome.
    -Thanks!
  2. Rukk

Rukk Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It probably requires an authentification (user/pass) that the iTouch doesn't support. (I have the same problem at my college)
  3. jamjam757

jamjam757 New Member

well for the connection at my school it requires a password and i have that password and i type it in but it still says can't find the server....but another situation is when i go to a Miami Heat game i pick up a connection called free public wifi and still it says it cannot connect to the server so i dont know if anyone has any suggestions
  4. ag11hockey

ag11hockey New Member

this has happened to me before... in some rooms at my school it will say i can connect to a server... and it will but the signal strength will be too low to run the internet...or even the weather app... but when im on the second floor i get really great signal strength and everything is fine... dont let the whole you can connect to the network and not being able to go on fool you