wifi help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freman1075, Jan 21, 2009.

1. freman1075

freman1075 New Member

hi all,

I am about to buy an ipod touch, but i just need to know something. I am living at a college, and the network security there is fairly complex.

In order to access the wi-fi on my computer, i have to register my mac address witht he college admin, and then whenever i open an internet browser i need to enter my username and password in order to get onto the internet. I can also open most applications that require the internet on the computer.

However, i can bring another laptop onto the network, enter the WEP, and then when i can use the internet browser the same way by entering in my username and password. However i cannot open any apps.

Can anyone tell me if a ipod touch could go onto the internet there?

Thanks
  2. Zacho

Zacho New Member

i seriously have no ideal if you can or but the internet sort of works just like it on a computer with safari though but im takeing a wild guess and saying. yes
  3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will work. If you have to, you can create your own wireless profiles for access points that have higher security levels. You have to create these profiles with the iPhone Configuration Utility. You can download that from Apple.
  4. 560cool

560cool Member

Bro' i have nevar beem to a college (14 years old) but if u know the WEP and all the stuff u could try. If u don't succed ask the Headmaster

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could go to and tell the MAC Address of the iPod Touch (which is located in Settings -> General -> About) & how does the system ask for your username/password? Does it immediately ask you, or does it redirect you to a local site which from there you can type them in?