wifi help. using 2.2 firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by supergirl13, Jan 4, 2009.

1. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,I finally upgraded to the 2.2 firmware on itunes and I'm still not being able to get on the internet on my ipod touch. I can type in my password for my family's internet router and connect. we have a westell router. I have been trying for a week now to get wifi and nothing has worked. you see I can't get the dns and router part on the wifi to work so that I can connect to the internet. I don't have a mac address blocker on the router and my router is DCHP enabled so,I have no clue what's going on. I've tried:
    1.] Restarting the router
    2.] resetting my ipod's settings
    3.]typeing in a different ip address
    everything. So,Can someone please help me get wifi on ipod touch at home so,that I can watch youtube videos on it?
    Thanks,Supergirl13
  2. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You need to call your internet provider if you want the correct dns settings. They deal with that kind of thing all the time

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  4. ispyt2

ispyt2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does your Westell router support wireless?
  5. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes,I did already check out that thread. I did everything but,It just didn't work. and yes my westell router does support wireless. it is a wireless router.
    I just can't get the wifi to connect for some reason. the wifi thingy rejects the router number which is offically 192.168.1.1 because when I type that number in,my wifi signal goes away and I can't connect. I've tried the other numbers too. I just don't know what to do.
  6. Easy.B-4597

Easy.B-4597 Member

OMG finally someone is having the same problem as me please if you do get help with it or get it fixxed please msg me of post the solution here thanks
  7. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    maybe its incompatible?
  8. ispyt2

ispyt2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you verified that your Westell wireless router OS is current? We had at least two people that had this issue with their Linksys router.
  9. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had my wifi working on it Friday,December 26th,2008. the day after I got it
    and now I haven't been able to connect to the internet on it since. it is compatible and my router does have it's current firmware. So,I think my router's just being a turd.
  10. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi everybody! I just wanted to update this thread! I just fixed my wifi today,yay! and I just jailbroke it again and the wifi still works 100%. I found out that I was just typing in the wrong password for my wifi connection. I had orginally typed the one on the back of my wireless router's usb adapter,which was really the FCC Id. I typed in the wep key on the back on my router and it fixed the problem. thanks for your help and support.
    Thank you,
    supergirl13