Wifi Help - USB Adapter

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Muck9, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Muck9

Muck9 New Member

I have a Belkin G Wireless USB Adaptor to make an access point for my Ipod Touch to connect to. Ive plugged this in and the Ipod cant find it. How do I do it with a wired router? (BT Voyager 200)

Do I need a wireless router?
  2. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

um, not to be rude, but YEA! you need a wireless router for wireless internet!
    DUH!
  3. Muck9

Muck9 New Member

I dont think thats right.

Before I rebooted my PC (deleted everything) I could connect to a built in Access Point in my PC using my Nintendo Wii, I dont have a wireless router, wired only. Explain how I got online with my Nintendo Wii without a wireless router?
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You must be near someone else who has a wireless router, because you can't create a wireless signal with only a computer adaptor.
  5. kdm

kdm New Member

If you plug the USB Wireless Adaptor into your PC which is also wired to your Voyager Router you should be able to bridge the connections to make the Wireless Adapter act like a router.

Under Windows go to the Control Panel. Double click Network Connections. Hopefully there will be icons for both the wired connection and the wireless adapter. Drag over both to select them, then right click and select Bridge Connections.

Mac can do similar but I don't know how.

Hope this works for you.
  6. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

Nintendo Wii can not act as an access point. If you can, I sure would love to know how. As for the Nintendo WiFi USB dongle, it won't work with an other products besides the DS, DS Lite and Nintendo Wii without modding, at least is it doens't work with PC, X360, PS3 and the PSP