WiFi Help: iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LoGiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiC, Apr 4, 2009.

1. LoGiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiC

LoGiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiC New Member

If anyone can give suggestions on how to fix this problem it'd be appreciated.

I have no idea what to do to connect my iPod Touch to the Internet. I can go to my settings and find my home's network, click it, type in a random 5-letter password, and it'll accept it. It then shows that I have a full 3-bar connection and a check mark beside the name of my wireless network.

I then can change the info around. Sometimes, if I go on a Static connection and try to load a Safari page it will display about a half-centimeter filled blue bar on the URL, but won`t load anymore than that. After a couple minutes or so, a message telling me that Safari didn`t load the page because the server stopped responding is displayed sometimes.

I`ve read different suggestions from people like resetting my iPod`s network settings, but nothing that simple seems to do it.

I have no idea how to access my (brother`s) router`s info, or how to reset it...I have no idea what to type in on my iPod for the Subnet Mask, Router, DNS, Search Domains, or Client ID.

If anyone can figure this out, please tell me (IN DETAIL BECAUSE I REALLY DON`T KNOW A TON ABOUT COMPUTER TALK LOLZ.) This is getting redunkulous. PLEASE HELP.
  2. iHadyu

iHadyu New Member

Umm I'm not sure I'm going to be a help but I'll try. Try resetting your router/wireless port or power cycle it. And give your iPod a rest, reboot it or leave it switched off over the night.
    This might sound stupid but i actually came to this problem too. You should create your own wireless password, recommended. Keep power cycling your router and your internet. It should be working fine after a few days, i hope..
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I think that is your problem, try asking your brother for the pass