wifi from of 1.1.2 firmware.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FrankDaTank089, Jan 6, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

quick question, I have searched the site and found numerous tutourials of how to get wifi off your pc. I thought j read somewhere that it only works with 1.1.1 firmware. Is this correct? I have wifi at home, but not in our dorms at school and if I could do this, it could save me some money because I wouldn't have to buy a router. Please let me know asap, because if not I'm gonna have to buy the router today. Thanks!

Ps sorry about the title, lol. I'm actually typing from the touch and u know how that can get.
  2. FrankDaTank089

yo! come on. lol, i gotta figure out if i need to leave in the next hour to go buy this thing.
  3. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

im no expert, but if you can get your computer to broadcast a wifi signal the touch will pick it up regadless of firmware version
  4. FrankDaTank089

thats what i thought, but i could of sworn i remember someone saying something about it not working on 1.1.2. thanks though.
  5. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    firmware version doesnt matter

its still wifi
  6. FrankDaTank089

yea, i completely understand that, but i thought that the actuall process that you have to do to get it to work would not be compatiable with the 1.1.2 or i guess thats what i saw on a thread here somewhere and just thought that.

but yea, it makes complete since, and i was stupid to even question that, lol. thanks guys.